Sometimes we need to make calls to some RESTful APIs from an AWS Lamda function. Let’s say we use Node.js as our platform. On the surface, there are two ways to do it: Continue reading
On May 2 Lev Gimelfarb, Boyle Software’s VP of Research and Development, gave an overview of our Node.js-based framework x2node and provided a demo of it in action during his excellent Tech Talk at Boyle Software’s NYC Headquarters.
Guests learned about the capabilities of this complete, lightweight, and ready framework which was initially released last year.
It certainly took me a while to get used to things – wrapping my head around the whole non-blocking nature of the Node runtime and how it uses a single thread to process requests – and how important it was that I definitely do not block that thread! Continue reading
- dealing with a whole bunch of endpoints in a typical application
- performing multiple roundtrips to the server for multiple resources in order to get data for a single page of the UI
- getting the request parameters right
- dealing with api versions – coupling between the client and the responses from the server
- over-fetching of information that is not needed
For any of you Node.js folks out there already using serverless frameworks like ‘The Serverless Framework‘ , you’ll definitely want to checkout the really cool Claudia.js framework…
Are you an experienced PHP5 developer? Are you well versed in object-oriented programming in the LAMP stack? If you answered, “Yes, that’s me!”, you could be a great fit for our ever-growing team of bright, talented technologists.
This is the first pass, so it may be a bit rough here and there. Constructive criticism is absolutely welcome!