- dealing with a whole bunch of endpoints in a typical application
- performing multiple roundtrips to the server for multiple resources in order to get data for a single page of the UI
- getting the request parameters right
- dealing with api versions – coupling between the client and the responses from the server
- over-fetching of information that is not needed
It’s now easier and cheaper to build pub/sub architectures with AWS.
For any of you Node.js folks out there already using serverless frameworks like ‘The Serverless Framework‘ , you’ll definitely want to checkout the really cool Claudia.js framework…
We love Serverless technology here at Boyle Software – being able to build applications comprised of microservices, which run in response to events, auto-scaling, being able to focus on the business problems rather than infrastructure, lower costs etc – the list goes on.
This past Wednesday evening, our New York City HQ played host to an informative TechTalk comparing the Kanban and Scrum agile development methodologies. Dr. Samuel Prasad shared his extensive knowledge, giving the assembled audience – Boyle Software staff members, friends, and client guests – insights from his years of coaching organizations adopting “new,” unfamiliar agile modes of doing business. Continue reading
Our next TechTalk will be a popular one for those of you interested in agile software development methodologies. On November 12th, agile expert Dr. Samuel Prasad will be on hand in our New York City HQ to lead a discussion comparing two of the most common agile methodologies in use today: Scrum and Kanban. This TechTalk is sure to have some lively back-and-forth – we all have war stories from our own agile experiences – so get your RSVP in soon (instructions below). Continue reading