If you’ve followed this blog, you know that we are avid proponents of Net neutrality. While the Obama administration has been generally friendly to keeping Net traffic free and open – all those moving bits and bytes being treated equally by carriers – the winds of change may be blowing colder with the incoming Trump administration. It’s time for interested parties – and that is all of us who use the Internet, every day – to begin watching the positions and policies of the President-elect and his team. Below are links to a few recent pieces of solid journalism to help bring you up to speed on the potential fight(s) ahead:
- “T-Mobile excited about life under Trump, reversal of net neutrality rules” – from Ars Technica (12/6/16)
- “Will Donald Trump Dismantle the Internet as We Know It?” – from The Atlantic (12/5/16)
- “How a Trump administration could shape the internet” – from The Washington Post (12/2/16)
- “Trump hires two net neutrality opponents to oversee FCC transition” – from Ars Technica (11/22/16)
- “Trump transition team appointments indicate a bid to dismantle net neutrality” – from Tech Crunch (11/21/16)
Pay attention and get ready to take action when the time comes!