X2 – or “Times2” – Framework for Node.js is a collection of modules published with NPM and designed to provide a complete toolset for creating back-end applications that expose RESTful APIs and are backed with a SQL database.
- dealing with a whole bunch of endpoints in a typical application
- performing multiple roundtrips to the server for multiple resources in order to get data for a single page of the UI
- getting the request parameters right
- dealing with api versions – coupling between the client and the responses from the server
- over-fetching of information that is not needed
For any of you Node.js folks out there already using serverless frameworks like ‘The Serverless Framework‘ , you’ll definitely want to checkout the really cool Claudia.js framework…
Are you an experienced PHP5 developer? Are you well versed in object-oriented programming in the LAMP stack? If you answered, “Yes, that’s me!”, you could be a great fit for our ever-growing team of bright, talented technologists.
This is the first pass, so it may be a bit rough here and there. Constructive criticism is absolutely welcome!
We love Serverless technology here at Boyle Software – being able to build applications comprised of microservices, which run in response to events, auto-scaling, being able to focus on the business problems rather than infrastructure, lower costs etc – the list goes on.
Reminding me slightly of early Java web applications that existed before Apache Struts came along, similarly, Node,js applications developed by different teams and developers can vary widely in terms of structure and style.
From wildly different index.js files to custom express() and mvc patterns it can be difficult moving from one project to another and learning the new style imposed.